I am not a person who knows everything, but I am defintely a person who wants to learn everything.
My expertise solely lies in taxation so far, hence I am pursuing Certified Management Accountant program to expand my knowledge of finance. As a true technology lover, I am enthusiastic about leveraging the rapid development of technology to solve business problems.
Assisting a large number of foreign companies doing business in Vietnam in the past 6 years, I have a broad understanding of how tax fits into the wider business picture. My in-depth technical knowledge across from different types of tax (Personal Income Tax, Corporate Income Tax, Value Added Tax, Foreign Contractor Tax, Customs duties) could help business meet the compliant responsibilities while seizing available tax saving opportunities. Almost five-year employment at Big 4 firms also develops my professional working style, fosters curiosity to learn new things as well as encourages a high sense of commitment and responsibility.
- Birthday: 18 Jul 1991
- Phone: +84 935 880 865
- Address: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Degree: Bachelor of Financial Management
- Email: email@example.com
- Job status: Looking for opportunities
My career objective is to become an inspiring knowledgeable person whose expertise are not limited to taxation but also including finance, technology, good business senses and problem-solving skills.
Now, I am looking for a working environment which offers to learn on-the-job and exposure to every angle of business to achieve the above goals.
Some key figures about my past engagements and valuable clients.
hours of consulting
for more than100
from more than10
countries accross over the world
in more than20
industries doing business in Vietnam
Typical services which I usually provide to my clients:
Review clients' tax compliant status. Identify tax risk areas and recommend remedy course of actions (if any)
Provide tax advice on ad-hoc basis via phone call, email, memo, long-form report
Assist clients in working with tax auditor during the tax audit and advise best practices. Advise necessary course of actions after the tax audit in case of dispute
Review and identify potential tax risks arose from the sellers' operation which may create future liability for the buyers after the M&A
Assist the clients in calculating the tax liability and preparing appropriate tax returns
Day-to-day assistance on all payroll and payroll-related issues
My journey after graduate.
Tran Quy Phong
Dedicated and integrity tax consultant with 4+ years of experience assisting companies doing business in Vietnam in compliant way.
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- +84 935 880 865
Disploma & Certificate of IFRS (on-going)
Jul 2020 - Aug 2020
May 2019 - June 2019
Data analysis with Python
Apr 2019 - May 2019
Mar 2019 - May 2019
Chief Accountant training
Mar 2015 - May 2015
University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City
Bachelor of Financial Management
Sep 2009 - June 2013
Da Nang University of Economics
Senior Tax Advisory (Deputy Tax Manager)
Nov 2016 - Feb 2019
EY Vietnam Limited
- Work closely with Manager and/or Director in conducting tax compliance and advisory services, including but not limited to PIT, CIT, VAT, Trade & Customs for leading companies in Vietnam;
- Participate in due diligence for M&A transactions;
- Working with tax/customs authorities during tax/customs audit;
- Mentor and assist staff to discover and reach their full potential;
- Manage deadlines, team performance and clients’ expectation; and
- Developing effective relationships with clients and key contacts from relevant parties
Oct 2014 - Sep 2016
KPMG Tax & Advisory Limited Branch
- Participate in conducting and completion of human capital advisory and compliance services, such as payroll, PIT, compulsory insurance, work permit
- Communicate effectively with Senior at each stage of conducting the above services; and
- Prepare necessary documentation for Senior’s review;
Accountant cum Human Resource
May 2013 - Feb 2014
Olalani Resort & Condotel (Da Nang)
- Verify and review the source documents;
- Manage and post accounting transaction into ERP systems;
- Ensure timely bank payment;
- Manage payroll and employees’ records;
- Set up job interview schedule and join the interview with General Director; and;
- Assist in launching ERP systems;
More than 4 years at Big 4 firms earns me a lot of skills.
Please drop me an email should you need further information.